The might Murray River delivered once again with a stunning morning and pristine conditions greeting the 70-odd boats who faced the starter in the 12 social classes at the 2019 Robinvale Euston 80.
Bulletproof was the quickest of the morning, powering to overall victory and the win in their U6L inboard class with a time of 33minutes 03.64seconds from unlimited inboard boat Bad Temper (34:12.40) and another U6L inboard in Synthetic (34:44.01).
The Bulletproof team of driver Paul White, observer Adam Wilson and skiers Jack Walker and Mitchell Gogoll also clocked the morning’s fastest split on the first leg to Bonvarical Creek with a time of 16:56.24.
The women’s social event was taken out by Esky Mojo with Damien McGlynn driving, Bryson Toole observing and Lesley Toole and Tayla Stent behind the boat. They beat PegLeg and ILLUSIONS Racing.
In other classes:
- Gettin Loose won the unlimited outboard
- The SMOC went to Peppered Bullet
- Velocity Racing was too good in the F2
- River Wrecka claimed the stock 6L inboard
- No Bull F21 proved victorious in the U16 boy’s and Walk On Water in the U16 girl’s
- Boystress won the U14 girl’s
- The 70mph category went to Friction, with Uncontrolabel bringing home the bacon in the 60mph event
- The return leg only U12 boy’s winner was Smoke N Mirrors, while the corresponding girl’s event was claimed by Killa Clowns
Racing resumes at 2pm with Robinvale Riverside Caravan Park Superclass Shootout will headline the action alongside the Top 40 Dash – Jai Welch Memorial and Junior Dash. Later in the day competitors in the six single leg events for disabled, veterans, senior social and under 10 classes will take to the river.
Sunday’s expert class racing starts with the first leg from 9am, with the first boat expected to begin the return journey at 1230pm.